Friday 12: 57 am.
ACTIVITIES - Exercise - Swimming - Social - Fund raising et al...
We are a friendly and supportive group and organise regular fitness activities and informal social evenings...
Social, exercise and mobility:
- Our Social Evenings at The Golden Hind, Copnor Road, Portsmouth are on the following Mondays 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm:
March 2017 - 6th and 20th
April 2017 - 3rd and 24th
May 2017 - 8th and 22nd
June 2017 - 5th and 19th
- Wheels for All - using specially adapted cycles, the activities are both physically and mentally stimulating and above all fun for everyone involved.
These are the session times at the moment. The finish time will become more flexible as the weather improves.
At Mountbatten Centre - Alexandra Park
Tuesday 1.15pm to 3.30pm
Wednesday 1.15pm to 3.30pm
Thursday 9.45am to 12.15pm and 1pm to 3.30pm
Saturday 11am to 1pm. This is mainly a families and children session but others are welcome.
At Bransbury Park
Tuesday 9.45am to 12.00 mid day
Wednesday 9.45am to 12.00 mid day
- Swimming at The Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, is every Tuesday - 11.00 am to 12.00 mid-day.
- Swimming at Fareham Leisure Centre, Park Lane, Fareham is every Thursday (except school holidays). Session times are 12:00 to 1pm. Session charge is £3 payable on entry but no charge is made for carers.
- Seated Exercise day at The Mountbatten Centre is every Wednesday - 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Telephone contact details for Mountbatten Centre:
023 9320 0401
Stroke Referral Consultant - Claire Warburton: 023 9320 0358
The Mountbatten Centre charge is £3.15 for stroke survivors, payable at the desk, but no charge is made for carers. Retain your receipt for collection by a committee member of Different Strokes - this is simply so our instructors can verify the numbers actually attending these sessions.
Drop in Stroke Club (DISC) DISC is a drop in service that aims to offer somewhere for stroke survivors to meet up in a relaxed atmosphere and also give carers an opportunity to meet with others in the same circumstances. DISC meets on Thursdays between 2 & 4pm at Buckland Community Centre, Malins Road, Portsmouth, PO2 7BL.
For more information about DISC contact Chris Hoy by telephone on his mobile number 07771 962 562 or by emailing him at email@example.com